Monday, November 30, 2009
It's only two and a half weeks till summer holidays 'officially' start here. Six lovely weeks. One of which will be spent at the coast, staying right across the road from the beach! So, here is my list of what I want to get done in the summer holidays. Sorry, I can't help it. I'm addicted to list- making.
1. Spend as long as I want reading at the beach.
2. Learn how to cartwheel. I have spent too long doing pathetic half handstands before falling onto the ground.
3. Have a picnic in the gardens. If I can't get anyone to join me, I'll do it à la Teddy Bear's Picnic.
4. Fill another tile. Ok, that doesn't really make sense. Everytime we go to the local pool, my friend and I fill up a tile on the bottom of the pool. We write or draw something by scratching it into the tile with a bobby pin. And it stays there, year after year. We don't go too much together, I think we've filled about four tiles so far.
5. Get up early in the morning, sneak out, walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise.
6. Go swimming at the beach every morning.
7. Make icy poles.
8. Have a water fight.
9. Write more of my book/story/novel/whatever it is.
10. And I know I won't do it, but how sweet would it be to have a lemonade stall like in all the movies?
Image via weheartit, and the photographer's name is also on it.